Protect Your Pipes This Winter!
It seems like the entire U.S. has been feeling the winter freeze recently, and that means millions of pipes are currently susceptible to freezing and bursting. A burst pipe can cause damage to your home and lead to costly repairs. In short, it’s a terrible way to start 2024!
At Woodruff Energy, we’ve seen and repaired our fair share of frozen and burst pipes since we began servicing the homes of Southern New Jersey in 1869, and we want to offer a few tips to help protect your pipes and your wallet this winter!
How to prevent frozen pipes:
- Insulate accessible pipes, especially if they are in an uninsulated area of your home
- Repair damaged windows, doors, and walls
- Keep your thermostats above 55 degrees during freezing weather
- Seal crawl spaces or other areas that may offer access to cold air
- Before freezing temperatures arrive, turn off water to outside spigots and drain the water from the line
- If you will be away from home for an extended period of time, arrange for someone to make sure the heat is still functioning and there are no other issues.
By following these simple tips, you can avoid a wintry mess. Woodruff Energy is always here to help you by offering a variety of extensive plumbing services, including drain cleaning, faucet repair, leak finding and repairs, and so much more!
For heating and plumbing emergencies, please call us at 856-455-1111.